Know your options.
OPTION: OEM SHORTBLOCK
*incl. labor and required parts
OPTION: USED ENGINE
Your Best Option:
Proven Industry Leading Repair Solutions by LN Engineering
LN Engineering’s exclusive upgrades installed as standard in all RND M97/97 engines:
- NEW Genuine IMS Solution
- NEW LN Engineering Nickies™ Cylinder Sleeves or NickiesLite Direct Plating
- NEW LN Engineering Low Temp Thermostat
- NEW LN Engineering Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
- NEW LN Engineering Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter
- NEW LN Engineering Deep Sump
- NEW All Internal Gaskets and Seals
- NEW Main Bearings
- NEW Rod Bearings
- NEW Camshaft Solenoids
- NEW Camshaft Sprocket Bolts
- NEW Coolant Temperature Sensor
- NEW Hydraulic Exhaust Valve Lifters
- NEW Forged JE Pistons, Rings, Wristpins and Clips
- NEW ARP Connecting Rod Bolts
- NEW Reference Mark Sensor
- NEW Camshaft Position Sensors
- NEW Spark Plugs
- NEW Knock Sensors
- NEW Oil Cooler
- NEW Oil Filler Pipe
- NEW Oil Filter
- NEW Oil Pressure Switch
- NEW Air-Oil Separator (AOS)
- NEW Oil Temperature Sensor
- NEW Valve Cover Bolts
- NEW Water Pump
- NEW Crankcase Bolts
- NEW Cylinder Head Bolts
- NEW Timing Chains
- NEW Timing Chain Tensioners
- Professionally Rebuilt Cylinder Heads
RND cylinder heads benefit from years of experience with thousands of Porsche heads rebuilt by our specialists to date. 100% of components are tested, reconditioned, or replaced and feature multi-angle Serdi valve job, Viton seals, and critical surfaces are diamond milled, exceeding original manufacturer specifications.
RND Engines are never just re-ringed or have single cylinder repairs as most engines are not suitable for rebuilding without re-sleeving. RND Engines exclusively use LN Engineering’s proven aluminum NSC-plated sleeves which exceed the strength and longevity of the original cylinders. Steel or cast iron sleeves are not utilized in our rebuild process. Select engine designations can receive Nickies Lite direct plating process at a substantial discount.
RND Engine feature factory con rods rebuilt using ARP rod bolts, addressing common rod bolts failures.
CRANKSHAFT AND BEARINGS
RND Engines use only NEW or OE used cranks from engines that have not suffered any failure and meet strict RND standards. RND cranks are not cut to use undersize bearings that weaken the crankshaft. RND Engines only use Genuine Porsche bearings. All crankshafts are magnaflux crack checked and journals polished.
THE ORIGINAL IMS SOLUTION
All engines are fitted with IMS Solution – the industry’s only permanent IMS fix – to prevent future IMS bearing failure.
LN Engineering rigorously inspects all intermediate shafts to verify runout , and the main IMS sprocket is pinned to prevent slippage of the IMS gear.